Software to Convert songs from CD to MP3 etc. to email??

Jason James

Hey Guys, I'm not up much on computer stuff but I need to be able to burn a CD on my stand alone burner, pop it in the ol PC and email songs. Is this possible? If so what kind of software/shareware is a good choice? P.s my computer sucks its 28.8 modem etc hope it can handle it. Thanks

Jason

Interesting,
I tried to do this myself. Email does not allow you to send files that are more than a few KB-not enough to send a song which are usually at least 3,000KB in mp3 format. I think they do this on purpose so that you can't share copywritten material.

smooth

Last edited:
what your email server allows varies from service to service...also consider that even if you are allowed to send, the reciever may not be allowed to recieve....the best way is uploading the song to a website to be downloaded.....

In another thread, Gidge mentioned that sjoko2 recommends MusicMatch which I just downloaded. So far it rocks! Nice and simple and the basic version is free.

Haven't heard the quality yet. Still converting.

Matt

The best CD ripper, bar none, is Exact Audio Copy. It's a little slower, but it absolutely guarantees that your CD rip will sound exactly like the original. No more of those ugly mp3 pops that are so annoying.

Encoder choices are subjective, but I like LAME for distribution-size mp3s.

By the way, for emailing - if you encode an mp3 in mono rather then stereo, you can cut the bitrate in half with no loss in audio quality. In other words, a mono mp3 encoded at 64kbps will have the same quality as a stereo mp3 encoded at 128kpbs.

The problem is that it's not in stereo. :) But it might be small enough to email.

musicmatch

I just downloaded music match. I'm not familiar with the steps i need to take to post it on the web or email. I figured out how to rip a song from CD. Does it default to MP3 format when you rip? From here what next? Can I just create a link on my bands web page and direct it to the song file I rip from the CD? Of course I'll upload the song Mp3 file to the ftp site. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

also, My cd rom dosn't read the disks i burn on my stand alone burrner. Half the time it won't read production cd's either. Think it's a bum cd rom?

Back