Software to convert MP3 back to .WAV

ColdAsh

Is there anything out there that i can use to conver MP3's back into WAV format so i can put them on a CD and not be restricted to only being able to play some songs on my computer?

sometimes if i have a track as a mp3 i just open MusicMatch and just burn it to a cd. it encodes it as a wav/audio file on the cd so you can play it in a cd player. or get your self wavelab it will decode a mp3 and let you convert it to wav. i think MediaJukebox will too.

www.goldwave.com
open up the .mp3 file, save it as a .wav file

but doesnt your CD burning software do this for you?.....on mine, you can choose if you want a data file or audio file....if I choose audio, it burns it as a .cda ....if i choose data, it burns as a .mp3............

In case it wasn't clear....

Audio CDs do not contain WAV files.... they are .cda files (completely different format)........

Bruce

Re: In case it wasn't clear....

Blue Bear Sound said:
Audio CDs do not contain WAV files.... they are .cda files (completely different format)........

Bruce

?? i know that. under music match it will encode a mp3 file to play in a cd player. under any cd burning software you add the file as a WAV file, once the cd is done burning its a cda

My clarification wasn't directed at ANYONE'S post.... in reading thru the posts, that little point didn't really come thru and I thought the original poster may not have picked up on it!

Don't worry dude... I'm not shy pointing fingers if someone posts nonsense.... if I was directing my comment at ya, I would've said it! ;)

Cheers.....

Bruce

Easy CD creator 4(and above i would assume) Lets you drag MP3's into the layout, so it converts to CDA and burns in one step... Supa'...

Mo.

Blue Bear Sound said:

Bruce

Yeah i knew that but i figured i could import the WAV files into logic and then burn them. This should work, shouldnt it?

WINAMP!!!

the good old WINAMP does the trick, just go to preferences and change the output plugin to DISK_WRITER, it will ask you for a directory where you want you WAV files.

by the way, you don't need to download any plugin, it is already build into the winamp engine.

http://www.winamp.com

cheers

basemagia

All you need to do is select the plugin, then hit "configure" to choose which directory the .wav files will go into. Then play the mp3 you want. You'll hear no sound, but you'll be able to see Winamp zoom through the mp3. When it's done, you'll have a .wav that sounds exactly like the mp3.

Just be careful, make sure that the repeat button is off. :)

Back