Snap crackle pop....distortion with Delta 1010/1604

hubb_99

I have had a Delta 1010 LT and Mackie 1604 for a while now and I am getting this odd sort of artifact on recordings. It's very intermittent, I can't track it down to any particular event or series of events. It is what I would describe as digital distortion on the peaks of a track. Almost like a "fizz". I will try to throw up a sample of this. It has done this to me on different PCs so I really doubt that it's anything to do with IRQs or system resources. Does it with different DAWs. Different houses to I don't think it's an electrical/grounding issue. The only thing that has been consistent is the delta 1010 and the mackie. Anyone have any ideas? I'm about ready to throw the whole rig in the trash....it's useless at this point.

Does the hiss come in or out or is it constant? Also, does it make the hiss only during recording? Playback? Using itunes or media players? I have had a problem similar to this and later found it was a flawed interface or card.

It will ruin the whole take. One take will be fine and then the next will have it. Also if you are recording multitracks some tracks may record ok and others will get the artifacts. It's only there on playback, You will not notice it when you are recording. The only media player I use is winamp and that's very minimal.

Back