Sleep no input?

Noah Nelson

I got a new comp recently, i am using logic (switched from protools)..
When my comp goes to sleep and logic is open, i will sign back in to my comp and when i hit the record button i will sometimes get no input or Feedback that sounds like my computer is screaming.. Ive checked under preferences/input/output for BOTH logic and the mac but it still screams.. the only way i can fix it is by restarting the comp.. Any clue on how to fix?

Not sure about the screaming but my pc used to lose contact with my tascam AI when it would sleep or hibernate. Like the others said i just don't let it sleep anymore and instead just turn the monitor off when I'm not around or sleeping.

I got a new comp recently, i am using logic (switched from protools)..
When my comp goes to sleep and logic is open, i will sign back in to my comp and when i hit the record button i will sometimes get no input or Feedback that sounds like my computer is screaming.. Ive checked under preferences/input/output for BOTH logic and the mac but it still screams.. the only way i can fix it is by restarting the comp.. Any clue on how to fix?

Did you happen to read my post? below "Media Players?"....skip all of it to the last post, that was a windows fix for Windows 8. worth a try.... good luck....

Using a computer as a DAW pretty much demands that you turn off all 'energy saving' options.

No sleepy time, no screen savers, nothing that can take the attention away from the external boxes.

This ^^^^^^ No sleep modes, no battery savers (laptops) no screen savers, no anything LOL.

I also turn off all the computer sounds, I actually make a sound profile called "SHUT UP". There is nothing worse than computer sounds blasting out into the control room while you are working, or even worse while you are recording a live gig.

Alan.

Back