Slate Digital Plug Ins - Thoughts?

nguad

Hello Everyone!

Have any of you used any of the plug ins from Slate Digital? I have heard good things, but am unsure whether they are worth all of the hype. Currently they have trigger, VCC, and FG-X. Apparently they have a tape emulation plug in on the way as well.

Can anyone tell me if these are any good? What are the strengths and weaknesses? I just want to make sure I am getting my moneys worth.

Thanks a lot!

I couldn't see not using Trigger myself. Most drummers that I have worked with, do not understand the importance of tuning, or even using good heads. Trigger allows not only drum enhancement/replacement, but allows you to sample the actual kit you are recording, making it much easier to get a great drum sound. Mind you, I do mostly heavy rock/metal. EX, is the full replacement program, but with a much limited selection of samples. Platinum and EX can both use your own homemade samples.

I have not used any of the other plugs, yet.

VCC and FG-X are great. I actually own all of the "Slate" line of plugins. If money is tight, then FG-X is a 1st purchase choice. The Limiter section is just incredible and then they throw in a compressor that many say should have been sold seperately, and is considered on of the best compressor plugins out there. Its a great final mix/mastering plugin. But the VCC plug in is a close second. I really like the RC Tube option.

Back