Simplest affordable PCI audio recording

algebraic

This partially belongs in the cakewalk forum but, this questions seems like it should start here. I'm looking to purchase an affordable and ease of installation and use PCI driven digital recording system. I own and use cakewalk sonar XL and would like to continue to use this. I would like to purcahse something like the "M-Audio's Delta 44", something that has 4 ins in case I wanted to record a drum set. I'm not going for crystal clear sound, since this will be mostly used for Demo recordings that I would give to my band mates.

Ease of use I and little problems is probabley what I'm more concerened then price. I think $500.00 would be my limit; I have the computer and the recording software,sonar, and would like to stick with sonar, if possible since I know how to use it.

Does any one have any suggestions on what I should look at and maybe stay away from?

thanks

Mike

4 i/os.... I think you were right on the money, can't go wrong with the m audio delta 44.

i have a delta 44, and i really like it. It has no extra rubbish i wouldnt use, has well written drivers (it hasnt failed on me :) ) and because its relatively old all the problems should be worked out. OH and its cheap!

Back