Simple ? - an easy multitrack microphone

The549

a hack
Hi, I don't mean to be lazy since I am researching this now, but in case I miss any products:

I have a nice indie style studio, but no time to record. I'm looking for an all in one to record drums, guitar, guitar, bass, vocals, vocals.
Maybe 8 or 16 tracks to just get er done; ideas down. Single or stereo mic and doable if not elegant interface. Like a smaller version of those old fostex 16 track hard drive mixers.

Having a stereo mic in leu of only a preamp is not as important as it writing wav/cd quality.
Thanks

Is there anything comparable to the Tascam dr-40 around that price? I think that's the only bet.
Hell, I may pick up a 4 track cassette, seems it's the same price and usability as in the 90s.

In your first post you said you wanted 8-16 tracks. A 4 track cassette is typically going to give you 4 tracks that you need to bounce down to 1, and keep doing it for more tracks.

In your first post you said you wanted 8-16 tracks. A 4 track cassette is typically going to give you 4 tracks that you need to bounce down to 1, and keep doing it for more tracks.

I know :p, but I can't do $400...It'll just be one of those things to work with. In fact it seems the DR-40 can't bounce. How retarded, unlike these advanced cassette decks. I saw a korg which can but only has a single 1/8 microphone input.

What's your budget? I have a well-used Boss BR600 that I don't use since I started recording on the computer. Only issue with it is the selection dial that you twirl to select various parameter settings sometimes skips back to the default (pressing down on it lightly works). I'll include a 3 1G memory cards (+ the original 128M Boss one), power adapter and the carry case - make me an offer! I see these on Ebay going for $175 (non-working) and up - note that the Compact Flash memory cards can be finicky (as to brand) that work with these recorders, the ones I'll include definitely work. :) make me an offer!

Back