Signal volume Q

Shakuan

Here's my setup:

Bass guitar into Toft ATC-2
into Delta1010 breakout box

All ins/outs on my delta1010 are on +4
All meters in my Delta1010 control panel are at 0db

When I play the bass I can see the meter on my ATC-2 reaching a little bit over 0db sometimes but when I check on my delta1010 control panel, the signal cant go any higher than -18db.

At first I thought something was wrong... I thought with everything maxed out I could reach 0db (a signal as strong as an mp3).

Can you guys confirm that I'm just stupid and that I would just have to boost the volume of the track with soundforge and try to minimize the noise with noisegates?

Wow, I feel this is such a stupid thread lol. Oh well, I'd delete it if it was on ProRecording.bom/bbs...

Shakuan said:
All ins/outs on my delta1010 are on +4
I'm not quite sure what Toft box that is you're using but I know they make DI's. By setting your delta1010 to +4 you are setting it to expect a line level signal and your bass --- even if it's got the most raging active pickups --- is not putting out anywhere near that. Try setting the input you're sending the bass to at -10.

And you're right - this is HOMErecording.com. No worries about being laughed here - we're all learning. As every person should be...

omg. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Wow, I really thought if it was on +4 that it would be louder, how amateur is that lol =)

It now records at a decent level!!

Thanks again! lol

(I guess I would have found that in the manual but I'm still so excited about my new installation that I can'T settle down to read anything lol.

Back