Setting up to record from Digitech pedal to PC

Try this:

Use the following procedure to enable Music Creator for use with an ASIO driver.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Playback and Recording.

2. Click the Driver Mode list and select ASIO.
Music Creator re-profiles your audio hardware.

Try this:

Use the following procedure to enable Music Creator for use with an ASIO driver.

Ok, I'll give that a try.

Try this:

Ok, Chili I did this but when I select ASIO in the driver mode, there is no longer the option for my pedal (RP255 in/out) in either the playback or recording boxes. The only driver mode that shows the pedal is the MME.

Last edited:
Sorry man. I don't know what to tell you. I don't have Music Creator and don't plan to buy it. Be sure to go through the manual exhaustively.

Try the pedal with your free version of Cubase again. It should show up under Devices>Device Set Up.

If it's not there, then I can probably help you out and from there, you can figure out how to get it to work in MC6.

Thanks anyway :). I'm still waiting on a reply from Cakewalks's technical assistance. If they can't help, I think I'll probably start thinking about getting a laptop with windows 7 because I have a feeling Vista is atleast part of the problem.

Vista could be part of the problem. But I'm thinking not. Try to get it to work with Cubase.

It seems there are two versions of MC6; one for Vista/XP/7 and one for Win7/8. Do you have the correct version??

Yea it's the correct version. I don't know if I still have the cubase disc or not but if I can find it I'll try it. Only concern is that both times I have downloaded the Cubase, the computer crashed shortly after.:eek:

Cool. So it seems Music Creator doesn't play nice with ASIO drivers.

I think you can go to the Steinberg site and download the free version of Cubase that comes with OEM products like the digitech pedal. But... Reaper is good enough, too.

Happy New Year.

Back