Setting up a mixer with my I/O... (head done in)

Jack Trend

Hi All,

I use Cubase 5 with my Akai EIE Pro and my Mackie 802vlz3 mostly to multi track my guitar and soft synths. I also use a Kaoss Pad and a loop pedal.

My trouble is working out the best way to use these things all together. I think its the quirks of the Mackie that are confusing me the most.

At the moment I have the main output going to my speakers and the ctl output going to my I/O on channels 1 & 2. I have had the I/O output 3 & 4 going to the K-Pad and in on the tape input, and a channel. I'm not sure which is the best way to bring the K-pad in.

What I want to do is ideally have the K-pad set up on the mixer auxiliary send. I need to play my track in cubase whilst sending 1 particular part through the K-pad. Then I need to be able to record just the k-pad track but monitor all of the project so I can manipulate the channel live.

Normally I'm able to work things out logically but when I get the sound back to the mixer all I have is a stereo out so how do I monitor all sound, but send just the 3 & 4 outputs back into the I/O for recording.

Thanks in advance people!

Back