Set up problems with Emu 0404 USB

TrainUnderWater

Hey - I can't get my pc to recognise my Emu... what is infuriating is that the manual on the cd says to install the drivers then plug the emu in, the BOOK says to plug it in then install the drivers so that's what I've done.

I have a couple of problems:

I can hear my mic in my emu via my headphones ... but Audacity doesn't recognise it's there. I tried turning off my sound card in my pc but it didn't work....

I have some creative surround sound speakers ironically made by the same people as the Emu :P but I guess I can't use them for playback..? The Emu is just stereo speakers only right?

Well.. any ideas? I could uninstall the drivers and reinstall them then plug it in though technically that's just doing what I have now...Confused...:confused:

cancel that I've got it working. Windows had to run its found new hardware thing and I didnt let it because the manual said not to, sigh!

Last edited:
If it's class compliant, it should just be plug an play. Have you tried Edit -> Preferences -> Audio I/O -> Playback / Recording (they should have some drop down boxes with whatever soundcards are available. You shouldn't have to disable any soundcards. But it might not be defaulting to the one you want it to. Although I think I did have to disable the onboard audio when I last ran windows (years ago) to have it default to the "other" soundcard. Windows is such a prissy little .....

Baring plug and play, just install the drivers. You might need to right mouse and run as administrator for newer windows versions to have it actually install. Otherwise it only pretends to work. Baring that you might try a trusted USB cable from another device. Just to rule out that as a point of failure. I had a bad one with my Mobile Pre.

HTH

Back