Set up Boss RC-30 & Scarlett 6i6 ?

rafecomo

Hey I hope someone can help me, I have a loop station Boss-RC30, and an audio interface Scarlett 6i6, I want to record a song with three inputs (Vocals, Guitar and Keyboard), while also using the RC-30, but I'm not sure how the set up should be so that the audio interface would record everything I play with the instruments and the loops I do while doing this song. Should all the instruments be plugged into the interface and then the Boss RC-30 plugged into an output of the interface? Would the interface record the loops I'd do with the loop station?. In case I don't make my self clear, my idea is to record a song as some YouTube videos where someone covers a song using instruments and also a loop station to have loops through the song, and all the play is recorded so they have the soundtrack for the video, I hope someone can help me, Thanks.

Audio interfaces don't record anything. And what are you using the looper for? Bit hard to answer your question unless you explain what, exactly, you're trying to do.

Sort of depends upon what you're looping. And why does everything needed to be recorded at the same time?

Back