Separate Log In for Recording

toad_uk

Hi folks

Apologies if this had been answered elsewhere (I've looked and can't find anything) I was just wondering if it was possible with Windows 10, to set up a separate user login which did not load McAfee, had wireless enabled etc. for recording. If possible I want to avoid a dual boot and it's a pain disabling everything when I want to record. Plus, whenever I disable McAfee, it still seems to start itself up again (even though I checked in Task Manager and there was no sign of it).

Also, I've just bought a new computer but it doesn't have the older PCI slots so I can't use my M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 from my old computer, so I was thinking of going for the Focusrite 6i6. I'd like something with a sp dif. I'm planning in using to go through my Roland VS1618 so I can use the internal effects for compression/eg etc and connect the digital outs to it. I've read quite a bit about it and I'm pretty sure this one will do what I want, but just thought I'd get some views first.

I'm also planning on getting another HDD for recording too. Maybe later putting another in for samples, but in the meantime am I better off having the samples on the HDD I'm recording to/playing back from, or having them on the HDD with the OS and DAW (Reaper) on?

Thanks in advance.

Back