SEEKING A STRIPPER (Not the kind from the Badda Bing!)

Khompewtur

*Retired*
Someone earlier posted a link to a good Cd-stripper for creating .wav files.

I'm trying to play cd's through my recording soundcard that doesn't have a cd input, in order to compare pro-mixes with my own sound.

Anyone, anyone?

I'm assuming you mean a "ripper". You can download freeware ones all day long (just make sure you search on RIP instead of STRIP) ;) I like Roxio Soundstream (because it came with the package I bought), but there are a zillion of them out there.

Someone here had a great suggestion to actually add the ripped .wav to a track in your song for easy comparison. That's what I end up doing now (whenever I can spare the tracks).

Lol! Yes, i guess i meant ripper ..

which is disappointing because before I wuz thinking about bare naked ladies and now I'm getting images of some english ho-murdra in a top-hat

blegh...

I'm trying to play cd's through my recording soundcard that doesn't have a cd input, in order to compare pro-mixes with my own sound.

If you have the newer versions of Media Player or Win Amp you can play CD's digitally and don't need a connection to your sound card.

In Media Player, go to Tools | Options | CD Audio and check off the box for digital playback.

Of course this is for playback. You'll still need a ripper to create .wav files. It looks to me like Media Player can now also rip CD's (I've never personally used it for this). However, I'm not sure what format it rips to (it could be .wma or .mp3 rather than .wav).

It's worth trying, since it's free and you probably already have a copy.

I checked out Windows Media Player when I got home tonight. It does, in fact, rip CD's - but as I suspected it rips them to .wma format. I don't see a way to change this to anything else (typical Microsoft).

You can go with one of the ones already suggested. Or there is one called Exact Audio Copy which is supposed to be great. Try doing a Google Search for exact audio copy if you are interested.

Back