Scratching Live Instruments

Sketch_Boardz

Hi Guys,

I get a lot of theoretical ideas when creating music; lately I've been wondering if it is possible to scratch live guitar on the spot. Suppose the guitar is output is split through 2 channels. 1 goes into the amp (for the strictly clean guitar), while another goes into a program where a DJ can edit the live midi stream from the guitar. The DJ would get some buffer time and see the waveform on like a type of interface that is streaming the audio input from the guitar, this would then go to another speaker where the processed/modified midi line of the guitar would play from.

So is this actually possible?

MIDI and audio - two different things. There is no waveform for MIDI. Don't know what you mean by "scratch" live guitar, either.

Very simple process to have 2 outputs from the guitar (use something like the Radial Tonebone PZ-pre I have, where you have 1/4" output to amp, and XLR output to interface or PA). If you want audio AND MIDI, then there are MIDI pickups that can be added to the guitar if you don't buy a MIDI--equipped one.

Back