Is It Safe Using Studio Monitors Next To My PC Tower?

Joe Recorder

Is It Safe Using Studio Monitors Next To My PC Tower?
I have a couple of studiophile SP-5b monitors and not much work space. Will having the monitors anywhere near my PC tower cause the PC tower problems and/or could the PC tower cause problems for my sp-5b monitors?

Thanks for any help and suggestions,
Ken

PS: Could they affect my saffire pro 14 audio interface being too close to it also?

Only thing to watch out for is that vibration from the speakers can cause hard drive problems and if you are burning a CD and listening to music on the monitors there can be a vibration problem there as well.

Alan.

Thanks for the information witzendoz and CrowsofFritz.
Good to know and I did take the desktop off and made room and put it on a little crate to keep it off the floor a bit. Also I hadn't considered the vibration issue, but that makes alot of sense to avoid that and and another reason to get it off the desktop.
Got lots more work to do on this but it's coming along now.
Thanks,
Ken

Whether my PC is on the floor or on the ground, I like to isolate it by sitting it on top of a piece of foam or Styrofoam. Or a rubber mouse pad. And I often do the same thing with speakers, but that depends on their type & placement.

Whether my PC is on the floor or on the ground, I like to isolate it by sitting it on top of a piece of foam

By placing the computer on foam if not only cuts down on vibration to the computer, if cuts down on computer noise due to the fan and drive noise not being transmitted through/into the desk or floor.

Good Call

alan.

Alan.

Back