S/PDIF ?

when you mean single rca line, do you literally mean only ONE line (as opposed to the traditional RCA two)? is it still in stereo?

ok...

ok, i'm followin ya. question now is, are these special cables? i assume i can't just use regular RCA cables for this, right? and does this support any digital signal, or does the digital source have to have specific outputs for this?

thanks a million, you bring the light.

I am capable of my moments.

I use regular rca cables. Although I opted for the best I could find. Source must be s/pdif - looks just like a garden variety rca plug.

The cables need to be 75 Ohm. Whether they are marked video, RCA, or digital, it doesn't matter. Just as long as they are 75Ohm. If they are not, you will have sync errors, or no sync. Also you shouldn't run S/pdif cable more than 10'(feet). Otherwise you will have sync errors, or no sync.

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

My S/PDIF cable doesnt look like RCA cables...likes just like the cable wire going into the TV....coaxial 75 ohm....am i ok?....

What are these things used for? I've got a SB livedrive that has them as well as regular rca ins. What's the point?

S/PDIF will transfer a digital signal...if you go thru an analog input, you have to go thru a digital-to-analog conversion....not such a big deal but any chance you get to keep the signal digital helps.....

ok, I have a question.

Can you connect the S/PDIF from the soundcard to the back of a consumer surround sound receiver's digital in?

Let's say I had just recorded a surround sound mix using Logic Audio, could I send that info digital to the receiver and have it play through the corresponding speakers?

Back