Running Cubase 5 & Nuendo 4 On The Same PC

nishantgarg

I have recently started using Nuendo 4 and it is simply great. Nuendo 4 gives me better performance but there are more of VST options in Cubase 5, so I would like to use both. But I don't know if it would be fine installing both the DAWs on the same PC, I won't be running it at the same time, I will use Nuendo 4 for recording and Cubase 5 for mixing.

Please someone tell me if that would create any problems? Is there anyway to run all Cubase 5 VSts in Nuendo 4?

Shouldn't be a problem.

You must have SO much money being able to buy BOTH those products! Why not just use Cubase? I'm not sure how Nuendo gives 'better performance' - please explain further!

I thought I was extravagant having Cubase and Pro Tools, but you're hardcore!

Nothin as such my friend.... Basically I was facing a record latency problem with Cubase 5 majorly and a few more bugs, which are not there in Nuendo 4. But when we come to VSTs, Cubase 5 has more options, even after installing the expansion pack in Nuendo 4. Plus there are more Video editing options in Nuendo 4 than Cubase 5. So I would like to use both

You must be knowing this but to be more elaborate Nuendo 4 being three times the price of Cubase 5 has many reasons behind it. Nuendo 4 is meant for audio and post production works, it has better video editing tools and options. Where as Cubase 5 is meant for music production, due to which there are more VST options and music tools. Both are similar software but there some points that make them different.

Like I said, I can't think it would be a problem to run both software. But I would double double check with Steinberg before buying, just so you're sure they will work together!

I use Cubase at home, but have only used Nuendo a handful of times for recording sessions in other studios, so can't really comment. Looks very similar to me. But if you need all the audio-post bells and whistles, then go for it.

In my studio I have Cubase for music, and recently installed Pro Tools M-powered for audio-post work.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. Initially I was too only using Cubase 5 but somehow I was facing a weird latency problem with it. Anyways thanks....

If you can find Cubase 4, it is the same as Nuendo 4. Nuendo and cubase are the same program, Nuendo just has more video and movie stuff. Nuendo 4 has an add on expansion kit that adds all the functionality that Cubase has.

nuendo 4 is more towards cubase 5 than cubase 4.
Nuendo handles and outperforms cubase 5.
Example-when you start adding vsts (even from other programs) in multiple tracks.That is where you see a big diffrence.That is where cubase has more bugs.
When you add the expansion pack to nuendo you do get all the features except like 2 or three vst. one is the reverb. But with other programs like wavs or blues-or t-racks , I dont miss it.
( i have to double check on the others)
I have both cubase 5 and nuendo. and the rewire in nuendo runs better than cubase. When you use reason. less latency with out changing settings to make up for it. you can master in nuendo also
(if you know what your doing.)

Use you money on another daw or mastering program. Than to have both.
get like samplitude or ableton or reason and run it with nuendo.
Skip cubase.
Samplitude can do all ,and master but its midi not as good as nuendo-cubase at that.but vocal pitch and mixer layout,and the mastering alone it is great.

any questions let me know.
Again I have both so im not talking from reading reviews or other people.

Back