RTAS Reverb Plugins

Hi all,

Got my new Digi 002 Rack and ProTools 6.4 LE going, and realized that I don't like the destructive AudioSuite plugins that come with it.

My manual tells me that I can use RTAS plugins to use reverb more or less the old fashioned way, but I can't find any cheap (under $100) RTAS reverb plugins online. Not sure where to look, though.

Any ideas?

first off...the audiosuite plugins are not destructive.
second, pro tools comes with a Digidesign standard reverb. look in your mix window and select the inserts...under reverb you will see something called D-Verb. it's the same one you see in the Audio Suite menu, but occur in real time...hence the name, RTAS

bennychico11 said:
first off...the audiosuite plugins are not destructive.
second, pro tools comes with a Digidesign standard reverb. look in your mix window and select the inserts...under reverb you will see something called D-Verb. it's the same one you see in the Audio Suite menu, but occur in real time...hence the name, RTAS

Right you are. I figured out what I did wrong. I didn't realize that putting in the AudioSuite plugins as inserts in the mixer window would make them RTAS. Selecting AudioSuite from the menu in the main window brings forth its destructive nature, it seems.

The manual's a bit confusing, since it says that AudioSuite plugins are destructive effects, then going on to say that they can be used nondestructively, though it doesn't say how.

Thanks much, bennychico11.

Sir_Matthew said:
The manual's a bit confusing, since it says that AudioSuite plugins are destructive effects, then going on to say that they can be used nondestructively, though it doesn't say how.

what they are probably talking about is using AudioSuite plugins as inserts instead...in turn making them RTAS plugins and "non-destructive"

however, Audio Suite plugins are not destructive in the same sense that destructive recording is...which is what I meant. generally, destructive recording means that it's undoable and it writes over the file destructively. AudioSuite plugins ARE undoable and create a new file/region everytime you apply them.

Back