Routing between delta66 and SBlive

MattESP

I'm using a delta66 (w/omni studio package) and SBLive Platinum and am trying to figure out the best way to set up to somewhat emulate my old recording process. I can get playback through headphones on the Omni box, through the delta66 and realtime monitoring, but one issue is since the delta uses the whole HWIn 1/2, 3/4 thing, if I'm plugged into input1, I can only monitor it on the left side of the headphones it seems. I'm not using input 2 presently, but regardless, isn't there some way I can just get it to monitor channel 1 through the headphones in mono, both L/R?

Also, an even bigger issue, since my SBLive is doing all the MIDI work, its also (in Sonar) handling the metronome click. This is of course very important to the recording process, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the SBLive's MIDI click to come through the Omni Studio headphones. I could run an out from the SBLive to the OmniStudio but that would use up an input and wouldn't I end up with a click recorded too?

A lot of people on here seem to use the delta66 and sblive together, so how do people resolve the issue of recording to a MIDI click track?

Thanks,

Matt

I am assuming that it's not your headphone jack that is not working, you don't have monitor speakers.

I had the same problem with my SB Live. I called them up and it appeared that if you load their software up with an antivirus on, (I have Norton's) that it won't load certain things. So while on the phone with them I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the anti virus off, and bingo, I'll be damned, it worked.

The other thing is that make sure in settings/control panel/sounds and multimedia, click audio and make sure that music playback is A: SB Live Midi Synth, and then try.

No, the problem is I need to hear the SBLive's click in the M-Audio Omni Studio's headphone jack. the SBLive headphone jack works fine and I can hear the click fine through it, but that's not where my recording input is going.

I had a similarish problem. I have a wave 8/24 and a soundblaster audigy. I had to use the ASIO multimedia drivers or the ASIO direct-x drivers in cubase to be able to use bothe the cards and have it all routed through the SB headphone socket. Hope it helps.

Nope, there's no internal way to do this. If you have the SPDIF option on your live you could route to your 66 that way, or you'll just have to do things the analog way. Kind of a hassle yes.

Slackmaster 2000

Back