Roland Quad Capture

Spoken

Anyone have experience with a Roland Quad Capture? I am thinking of upgrading from my M-Audio Fast Track 2 to a better audio interface. Reading alot of good reviews but am seeking knowledge here. For a mic I have a Sennheiser Mk4 and MXL 990 set.

I have one. It does the job nicely, but I haven't anything to compare it to directly. It is commonly said that at this price range, there's little difference between the competitors. I've also seen people talk up the quality of the preamps on FocusRite interfaces, but again, I've no experience of these. I was pretty much sold by the build quality of the Roland.

I have one. It does the job nicely, but I haven't anything to compare it to directly. It is commonly said that at this price range, there's little difference between the competitors. I've also seen people talk up the quality of the preamps on FocusRite interfaces, but again, I've no experience of these. I was pretty much sold by the build quality of the Roland.

Thanks for the reply. I keep reading people saying the Roland has one the best pre-amps for this price range. I'm just wondering how much of an improvement would actually be heard through the better preamps.

I can't help with that exact point, I'm afraid. Although I would point out that there are many people on here getting great results on similarly priced/specced equipment as both your current and mine - so things like microphone, mic technique, performance and room treatment probably play a much bigger role.

Also, the preamps on the Quad-Capture can't be turned off, so if you upgrade to external preamps, you'd be running each channel through two preamps (although you can turn the preamp gain right down to minimise).

Hrm...So you can't turn off the preamps ont he Roland? Thanks for all the info you've provided. The Roland does look like a quality piece of equipment.

Back