Roland Octa-Capture with Reaper Compatibility Problems

rozzy97

Hello there!
So I own the Roland Octa-Capture and am using SONAR X1 LE (this DAW came with it). But I preferred using Reaper (which I used with the Behringer X2442USB mixer). I have windows 8 if that changes anything. But I would just like to know how to use the Octa-Capture with Reaper. If this is possible, and anyone knows how, please give me a little walk through of how to do so.
Thank you very much in advance.

Is there a specific problem you are having?
Usually it's just "install the drivers, plug the interface in, choose the right audio driver in Reaper, set inputs and outputs if needed and you are good to go"

Thanks for the reply, and it is just picking up 1 mic, I set up 6 inputs for the 6 mics, and each if those tracks is only showing for 1 mic.

Also, is there a special driver for reaper? I know I needed one for the octave capture to work with windows 8. Is there one so it can work with reaper?
The driver for Windows is the driver that Reaper will use.

Once you select your source in your Reaper preferences, you should see your inputs on the track. There should be all that your interface allows. On your input, you should see the number that your interface is reporting to Reaper (1-x). If you don't then your interface setup is having issues. Double check in the preferences, device then you will see a first and last. This will set the range (1-x) x= the last one you want in a range.

Hope this helps.

Would that be on the ASIO format? Or Waveform? There are a few... Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. :D

I use the Roland Quad Capture with Reaper, although in Windows 7. As said above, the driver is specific to Windows and the device, not the application using it. It is the ASIO driver you should use - when I select it in Reaper or any other application, it shows as 'QUAD CAPTURE' in the drop down menu.

I use the Roland Quad Capture with Reaper, although in Windows 7. As said above, the driver is specific to Windows and the device, not the application using it. It is the ASIO driver you should use - when I select it in Reaper or any other application, it shows as 'QUAD CAPTURE' in the drop down menu.

+1 sounds like someone who has experience. That should get you set.

Thanks for the reply, and it is just picking up 1 mic, I set up 6 inputs for the 6 mics, and each if those tracks is only showing for 1 mic.

Did you go into Preferences and >enable< all the other inputs and outputs???

It's in the manual...

Hey, so the problem is that I can only change the channels for EVERYTHING. In more detail, I can only make all the tracks (on reaper) record octa capture track 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 (and so on) I cannot set preferences to each individual track (on reaper)

Also, the octa capture control panel picks up each individual track, if that helps. I feel like I'm close, just need a little push in the right direction....

Oh I see! I understand. Thank you SO much guys, I am extremely grateful! You are very generous with your knowledge, I appreciate it greatly.

Back