Rocksmith cable + ASIO driver = no sound

AbidetheDude

Hi guys
Recently I purchased a Rocksmith USB guitar cable to record some small tracks in my computer. I've downloaded Reaper as my DAW, as well as the most recent ASIO driver.

However, I cant seem to connect an output from Reaper. I attached a screenshot in the attachment to show you guys what I am talking about.

as you can see, I cant seem to get the Conexant audio output under the Rocksmith preference. Once I am able to, Ill be good to go.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought ASIO4all driver works well with any soundcard, including PCI?

Any advice?

Attachments

• reaper issue asio.PNG
    reaper issue asio.PNG
    111.7 KB · Views: 127
Glad you got your problem solved, but I have a question since I'm in a similar situation. Your screenshot looks like you're using something like Guitar Rig 5 or the like to record your guitar. Using that Rocksmith cable, are you experiencing any latency or sound problems with the program?

I've been getting static, choppiness, and latency in those programs even when my PC meets the requirements. Just trying to figure out what might be the problem, and if using a Rocksmith cable would work for that.

Back