reverb troubles

spacedye

Vest
im using cakewalk sonar xl and record audio only. i am using a delta 66 sound card and the omnistudio breakout box. my effects units (Alesis "quadreverb"-for delays,reverbs,chorus' etc...)
is hooked up to the omnistudio through effects send and return.
now that ive created a song, i wish to add reverb to the completed tune using my quadreverb, not the reverb thats included in Sonar XL.
the reverb is there when i playback the song in SONAR but when i try to create an MP3 of the song, the reverb is no longer there and the song sounds dry.
how do i record the reverb into the mp3 with the song?
i am not recording the songs to an external source, i am just saving them as MP3's on my hard drive, then posting them on the web.
so, any ideas? im all out of them..... HELP!!

I think you may have to record the mix to a new track with the reverb??......

either set it up on the effects send/return and do an internal recording.....

(or)

hook the reverb to the omni's output and output the reverb to the omni input and record a new track......

if you can do it the internal way it will save you A/D and D/A conversions and will have better sound quality but i cant guarantee it will work as ive never tried that with an Omni.....

tubedude,
i tried downloading Sonic Timeworks ReverbX, i cant seem to get it to work. the problem? the download doesnt seem to come with an .exe file. i dont know, i didnt see it and i couldnt open it. am i missing something?

gidge,
im going to give your 2nd idea a shot. its a bit confusing, but climb behind this monster of a mess and see what i can do. LOL!!!

Along the lines of tubedudes thinking, id try one of the free DX plugins.....

Blueline and Freeverb are two decent ones......

ok,
those sites have some great stuff on them. i just dont understand how to install them so that i can use them with sonar.
i dont know why im finding this difficult at the moment. can anyone help me out with these plug-ins?
have you ever had one of those weeks where you cant seem to figure anything out?

im not familiar with the workings of Sonar, but usually you just unzip and/or install the file that you download, take the .dll file that it creates and put it in the folder that your software keeps plugin files......

Obviously you tried using the Sonar effects...is there anything in particular you didnt like about them....i would think they are better than the Alesis?......

Back