Recording Vocals into Cubase

zimbo

I'm using a Behringer UB802 mixer. I've recorded vocals into Cubase without any problem. Could hear the vocals being sang/recorded via my monitors. And the vocal wav file can be seen in Cubase. However, I can' t hear the vocals when playing back the track.

Could this be due to the way that I've cabled the mixer into my PC sound card (it's an m-audio 2496)?

You have to set the main output in cubase to the main outputs on your soundcard.

Then you have to connect the main outputs on the soundcard to the mixer and turn those inputs on, so you can hear them.

When In Cubase hit F4 this will prompt a new window that has tabs labeled "input" and "output". You have the inputs selected correctly as you have recorded audio thus meaning it must be your output. For example I run a Delta 1010 soundcard, so I must change my output settings to my monitors, headphones, summing mixer etc. I have presets, the monitors will be stereo out 3/4L, 3/4R hopefully you get the point. Here's a pic VST Connections.jpg Also make sure that your actually audio track it routed to your stereo out.

Back