Recording vocals to Garageband on iPad

Ricklh

I have the Apogee Jam guitar interface being shipped. This has the 1/4" inch input for the guitar cable so I'm wondering would I be able to also use that input for a line coming out of my mixer, to record vocals to the iPad? I know about the Apogee One but that is $399.00, quite steep for my budget. Or, maybe there's another product that gets vocals to the iPad but a little bit cheaper than that (assuming the Jam/mixer combo I mentioned isn't a good idea)?

the Tascam iXZ is only $50 and it has an XLR input as well as guitar input. Obviously it isn't the best thing in the world, but for that price you can't go wrong. It plugs right into the headphone jack of the iPad.

the Tascam iXZ is only $50 and it has an XLR input as well as guitar input. Obviously it isn't the best thing in the world, but for that price you can't go wrong. It plugs right into the headphone jack of the iPad.

Wasn't aware of that product, thanks for the post. Think I'll just use my Apogee Jam for the time being (I mostly do instrumental stuff anyway) and if I can't use it for vocals as I posted about previously, I'll spring later for a Focusrite unit - it's got a lot of good reviews.

Back