Recording vinyl records to iMac

derfrel

We have some favorite vinyl records, 33 1/3, that we'd like to put on our iMac and then burn onto our iomega Zip CD 650.
Can you tell us an easy program to use and what procedure to follow. We aren't trying to do anything fancy, just preserve the music so we can play it on our stereo CD player. Thanks for your help. If you want to e-mail me at derfrel@mediaone.net thats great too.

I work on a PC not a MAC, so I don't know if this will translate.

Adaptec Easy CD Deluxe has a program that comes with it called Spin Doctor. Using Spin Doctor and plugging your Turntable/Receiver into your sound card's line in port, allows you to digitally record the music (i.e., to .wav format on PC).

Once it's in .wav format, the Easy CD Creator program allows you to burn the files to create an audio CD (I'm assuming the Zip CD 650 is a CD burner).

It's all relatively easy, although pretty time consuming. It will, however, allow you to preserve your vinyl while still listening to your music on CD.

Check out Adaptec's web site and see if they manufacture a version of Easy CD Deluxe for MAC. Make sure you get the Deluxe, as Spin Doctor is not inlcuded on the standard version.

Back