Recording on a Tascam DP-32 and Mixing in Reaper

Carquinez1976

Hello-

I am recording tracks on a DP-32. I plan on doing an ep's worth of songs on the DP-32. However, the mixing capabilities of the Tascam are limited, so I'd like to transfer all tracks from the Tascam to a computer with Reaper software.

My questions are:

1) Is this possible? (I want to be able to mix every single track, and not just a two track stereo WAVE file of the entire song)

2) What gear/soundcard/audio interface do I need for my tablet in order not to have recording quality suffer once I transfer the tracks?

Thanks much in advance.

Hello-

1) Is this possible? (I want to be able to mix every single track, and not just a two track stereo WAVE file of the entire song)

2) What gear/soundcard/audio interface do I need for my tablet in order not to have recording quality suffer once I transfer the tracks?

1. Yes, I think so: you can easily try it

2. Just plug your PC into the USB port and you should be able to download the recorded files - no interface needed for input at least.

Check out Page 64/5/6 of your user manual.

OP, you wanting to mix in Reaper is probably the best way to do it. Once you import into your computer, it is all digital, so there will be no degrading of the sound. Even when you render, it is all digital. The only negative will be the sound quality in your monitors. I recommend getting an interface that you can plug monitors into so you can mix better.

Then there is the mixing room, check out the 100's of suggestions on the board for sound treatment of your mixing room.

Back