Recording softwares and driver formats

jdechant

Hello all...

1st off, sorry if this has been posted before but I've searched and didn't find many answers...

I am looking for a high quality professional multi-tracking audio software that uses either WDM or ASIO driver formats...

I ask because my audio card (Delta66) only works at 16bit with MME drivers under win2k...

I have tried Cool Edit Pro and it uses MME drivers...

I have tried Samplitude 2496 Producer and loved it but sadly it too only uses MME drivers...

I have tried Nuendo and it does use ASIO but the program itself is far far too buggy for my liking... Same goes for Cubase

ProTools doesn't seem to run too good on PC's and seems to crash alot unless you have a system dedicated to nothing but it, so it is out of the question...

I've looked at Vegas 2.0 but I don't really like the structure and interface of it... seems kind of "childish" to me... like its a toy or something...

So my question is what are the other high quality pro multi-trackers out there the utilize either ASIO or WDM drivers?? it should support at least 32 tracks, support 24bit/96KHz recording, real-time effects are nice w/ the option of offline processing, a good "software mixer" interface is a plus... VST or DX plugin support... doesn't matter to me, however at the current stage of technology, DX plugins seem to be more stable than VST... also MIDI is not needed...

Does anyone know if Sek'd Sequoia supports ASIO or WDM, or if it only uses MME like its "sister" Samplitude 2496??

Thanks in advance..

Josh

You don't need MIDI? You should stick to Vegas if you've already used it. Just look passed the interface and see what it does. Simple, stable, reliable, safe, courteous. Just like a Greyhound driver.

How come you left Sonar off your list?

Specifically written to use WDM drivers, and meets all your other requirements. Relatively easy to use and learn and quite powerful.

Back