Recording "Real Audio" streams

SOUND DIAGNOSIS

I have found a link to my 2nd cousin's music from the 40's. (Soviet Jazz) It finally appeared after the link dried up YEARS ago. I want to snag it NOW, master it...and HAVE it, so I have stuff to show my son and further generations where their roots have come from. The problem is, I don't think I have that "record what you hear" function on my soundcard/mixer. I am using a Dell P4/WIN XP/Delta 66 Omni Studio/Adobe Audition 1.5. Can someone give me a hand??? Thanks dudes!!! ---Lee

Do you have a link? and also there is a quick fix with any card take an 1/8th to 1/8th cable and run it direct from your output to your mic input on your card like a jumper.

you wont be able to hear but with a simple program like cool edit you can atleast see your files.

HOWEVER!!!!, If your trying to be a pirate and steal music from a website, I would recommend the same process, (-_-)

d(-_-)b-Phones said:
Do you have a link? and also there is a quick fix with any card take an 1/8th to 1/8th cable and run it direct from your output to your mic input on your card like a jumper.

you wont be able to hear but with a simple program like cool edit you can atleast see your files.

HOWEVER!!!!, If your trying to be a pirate and steal music from a website, I would recommend the same process, (-_-)

If I blow up my Omni, I'll kick you so hard, your gigahurts.! :eek: :D . Hey man, thanks for the advice. I got 1/4" dealies all around and will give it a shot. Thanks!! ---Lee

montage said:
maybe try a version of Total Recorder...

That was suggested, although I now am trying to obtain the original copies (wavefiles)of the 78's WITHOUT Russian tinkering with audio processing. Thanks for the suggestion! ---Lee

i think its called WMRecorder. it detects any stream being sent to the computer and automatically downloads it.

nice deal

tom18222 said:
i think its called WMRecorder. it detects any stream being sent to the computer and automatically downloads it.

nice deal

Know anything about the actual "quality" of the recorded result? Is it "true"?? Thanks ---L

Back