Recording Problem

Dado

Ok so im a bloody amateur and i just got my xenyx 802 mixer and right away a problem showed up.
So i connected my Mixer properly to my pc and all that the mixer is working as it should be but when i play my instrumental in acid 4.0 beside my vocal the pc is recording every damn sound from the pc like :example: MSN msngr sign in's/skype sign ins and many other things ... you get my point
Is any one interested enough to help me
Best wishes Dado.

Damn i knew ill get that answer :D
I gave a simple example my instrumental is getting recorded even while no mic is plugged in.When i try to to record my vocal i just get my instrumental on the channel where the vocal should be and i hear the vocal but the instrumental is over it ...
My english sucks and i cant explain it properly but i think you got my point :D

The output of your computer shouldn't be getting recorded. This sounds like you've cabled something up wrong. I couldn't tell you what without knowing how it is cabled up, but in general, don't feed the output of the computer and attempt to monitor it that way unless you have multiple busses on your mixer. Try connecting the mixer's tape in/out to your computer instead, and don't depress the tape-to-mix button while recording.

Ok so on the mixer there is cd and tape the cd RCA cables are connected to the blue jack and the tape is connected in the green jack. It's connected Output-line out,input-Line in . But i had this problem even b4 buying the mixer.It's some thing with the Sound card. I have MSI p45 platinum motherboard and the sound card is built in.

You need to go into your Sound and Audio Devices settings in Control Panel and set 'Sound Scheme' to 'No Sounds'

Im guessing you have plugged the mixer into the line in of the sound card?...

You need to open the windows volume control, go to options -> properties. In here click on recording. Click all the tick boxes to turn on all the options and click ok.

There should be a tick box below each fader. Make sure the "Line in" one is ticked.

Aside from this, buy a USB sound card and all these issues go away.

I cant Tick the line in ...:(
And tell me how should i wire my mixer if i shouldnt plug it in line in?

Back