Recording Live Vocal in Cubase 7

drewski49

Does anyone know how to record vocals in Cubase 7? I'm a total beginner with this so hope it can be explained?

I have a Yamaha MG16XU 16-Channel Mixer hooked up to my laptop via USB connection.
I'm trying to record live vocals but can't seem to figure this out. I get the vocal signals showing in the Cubase mixer board, but when I press the record icon it does not show any wave length signals for the vocals?

Also, I when I play music or sound from my laptop and it plays out to my yamaha mixer and speakers so I know this part works.

Can anyone help explain?

Don't forget there's a record arm button in the channel strip. Press that, and the input, if you can see it on the input meters, will also come out of the speakers - and hitting record turns the strip red, and the waveform will start to display as the cursor as it tracks across.It will be a mono or a stereo track, depending on what you wanted.

Ok, I will have to see later and try this when I get home from work.
What do you mean by pressing the "input"?

When I previously tried hitting the record button, the channel strip did turn red but the waveform meter started going, it stayed blank as if nothing was coming through for sound?

Back