Recording keyboards direct into interface

There will be a level control on fones 90=pct of the time. Not too long ago, I needed a extra 3.5 stereo out at this computer and stuck a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter in the tape decks headphone jack and grabbed the dupe signal from there. There is some power(wattage) on that jack compared to the surface mount jacks and I put the level down to about 11-o'clock. haha The adapter plug is still in the deck, so I don't loose it

Anyway, engineers used to fry the m-106 headphone out running speakers off it.

"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by garww Headphone is, generally, low power and with very low resistance.

And like i said above my interface has impedance setting and can always handle that (with room)".

The thing is the POWER. there is no POWER on line out

If reactions in my advantage are deleted, and others are altered in my disadvantage, the i delete all my advices.

Last edited:
Ya, I had to use the fone jack when I got a stereo cassette in '72. Just be aware that some fone out can supply enough wattage to power speakers. The cheap-ass surface mount circuits in the cheap keyboard and interface are probably a decent match - meaning a safe bet as long as you don't crank the fone out.

I think I've found a solution.
My audio interface doesn't have a line in, but the motherboard's audio device does, so I can use that with the Asio4All drivers to have low latency. I didn't think of that because to me Asio4All never seemed to give a usable latency, but I've tried out of curiosity and it feels decent enough to play something.
Thanks to everyone.

Beware that many motherboard audio devices can not handle HD sound quality. Some can't even handle cd quality.
If that's OK for you, or you do have a HD audio device it can be your solution indeed.

The specs of my motherboard say that the onboard audio device handles 24 bit/192 KHz quality output, so I think it's ok...I'm using 24 bit/44.1 KHz in my DAW.
It's just to use the line in anyway, for mixing and everything else I have a dedicated audio interface.

I think the spec is they have to play DVD, they may only record 96k, and I've done a lot of that on two machines

Back