Recording with E-MU1212m

anyone have the configuration for E-MU 1212m to record streaming
audio?I've been having to send the signal out of card to a mixer
then back into the card.Then I can record at 48khz using Audacity.

Isn't there software to capture streaming audio? Is it legal? I mean, as an artist, I wouldn't want you to record my songs from a Spotify stream, I'd lose out on a potential 0.009235681 cents!! :mad: :laughings:

The Host of the show (Mick Martin) said "your helping by keeping the blues alive".
Occasionally I'll buy the CD of something that really knocks me out.Is it still
illegal?Look...for my own personal use it shouldn't be.
Thanks for your question.Now,can anybody answer my question?

.Now,can anybody answer my question?

Try this:

New Mixer Strip
Select Host Source
Select Windows Source
Click Okay.

Insert ASIO Send.
Use Included software (Sonar, Cubase, Tracktion) to record ASIO channel.

See page 37 and 38 of your manual.

As for legality, I was asking a real question. The royalty from a stream comment was a joke.

Try this:

New Mixer Strip
Select Host Source
Select Windows Source
Click Okay.

Insert ASIO Send.
Use Included software (Sonar, Cubase, Tracktion) to record ASIO channel.

See page 37 and 38 of your manual.

As for legality, I was asking a real question. The royalty from a stream comment was a joke.
I had one of those (the 1616') For what ever reasons, I found it to be the most unintuitive software configs I've ever run into.

I had one of those (the 1616') For what ever reasons, I found it to be the most unintuitive software configs I've ever run into.

I had the 0404 maaaany years ago. I agree, it was so complex for anyone, let alone a newb, to learn. You had to learn the patchmix software then learn Cubase (Cubasis at the time :eek:) So glad to be done with that.

Why bother with the card? Just use the internal OBSound card to record "Stereo Mix" or whatever it is called.

The signal will never leave the original digital format so there is no quality penalty and Audacity can export it as .wav.

Dave.

Realtek is the on board sound which I haven't used for probably Ten
years if not more.Thanks for the idea,but I'll see how the learning curve
goes with Cubase.

Realtek is the on board sound which I haven't used for probably Ten
years if not more.Thanks for the idea,but I'll see how the learning curve
goes with Cubase.

Well you would not really be USING the Realtek card, just routing an incoming digital signal to the DAW. BTW I still have an M-A 2496 in one PC and recording PC sound is beer into water, just set the DAW to record "Monitor Mix" . Are you sure the EMU does not have a similar, simple setting?

Dave.

I have software called soundsyphon which just lists all your currently open apps and shows a record button for each.
I don't think it's free but I expect there are OS alternatives.

I just open it and click the record button beside firefox, for example. Might be useful.

I used to do it with s/pdif loop because I never used it for anything else.
That's just a digital alternative to what you did in the OP.

Back