Reason/Sonar rendering woes...

keerus

For the last three or so years I had been using an Audiotrak INCA 88. What a piece of crap that was. My computer would crash about once an hour because the drivers were so poorly written.

Enter today. I received from UPS a brand new M-Audio Delta 44. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I hooked it up and immediately started playing with some songs I had been working on, retracking all the parts in 24-bit. However, I was sorely disappointed when after I exported my first mix, I heard this:

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my?loc=31kpm-woohoo4.mp3

Pay attention to the cymbals; that's where it's easiest to hear the thing I'm talking about. It's almost as if it's "skipping". I can't figure out the problem, but it's only with the drum tracks. The drums are sequenced in Reason, and then Rewired into Sonar. Also, if I "Freeze Synth" on the Reason drums, the same "skipping" effect is still there. When just listening in Sonar, though, everything sounds perfect.

I need to figure out what is causing this and fix it asap; it's driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

26 views and no replies? Please, any help would be appreciated; you all should know how vital exporting to wav is. Thanks in advance.

keerus said:
26 views and no replies?
This is a complicated question and you can't expect instant service from us who volunteer our time here at HR.com.

Have you tried exporting a 24bit .wav file of the drums from Reason, then importing the result into Sonar? Try that and see what happens, then post again with the results...

OK, I figured out a little more about the problem.

When I am listening to the song in Sonar using my ASIO drivers, everything sounds perfect. When I switch to either WDM or MME drivers, the same artifacts that I hear after rendering the file are present when just listening to the song in Sonar. Also, I tried unchecking "Fast Bounce" in Sonar's rendering options and it didn't seem to help.

Why do you need to switch to WDM or MME drivers? My copy of Reason is right at home with ASIO and allthough I don't own it I know that Sonar is too...

Did you try my suggestion?

Back