Radeon VE/win 2000 users..help!

Gary B

If you Have a Radeon VE dual monitor card and use it in win 2000 with 2 monitors maybe you can help me. How do you get it to spread out to both monitors? What I have is "mirror monitors", the same thing on both monitors. I dual boot win 2000/win 98se and in win 98se there is no problem. There is a button there which says, "extend this desktop to both monitors". I can dock windows on monitor 2 and spread out my apps. There is no such button in the win2000 version.

Anyone found or know of a workaround to this problem? I've tried e-mailing ATI "support" but all I get is convinced that they don't know and/or care.

Gary, I dont know, but I do see that ATI updated their Radeon drivers on their website on Oct. 15. Are you using those drivers, or something older?

Ya Got the new ones..

Ya I downloaded the new drivers. Same problem with 2000. I was hoping it was just a case of my stupidity but so far it seems to be a case of ATI neglect. I'd love to be proven wrong.

RWhite, you da bomb!

Good news! I checked out the URL's ya gave me, got ta diggin'around and downloaded a compatibility update for win 2000. Anyway, somehow some new buttons showed up on my multiple display section. I started trying various combinations of 'em and , behold, the desktop spread out and I can now dock my windows!

I tried a bit of recording and it seems it work a bit faster in 2000.

I've had this problem since early summer. Man, I'm glad I came to this forum!

I'm calling you Excedrin 'cause you sure helped take away my headache! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

No problem, you are welcome!. I had been digging arround on that site recently anyways. I do a lot of that type of thing in my day job (tech support).

One thing about ATI, while they are not very responsive to customers they DO seem to do a good job at updating drivers, includeing their older products. They have been good at keeping their old Rage cards up to date.

Case in point - I had an ATI TV Wonder VE card which had a conflict with my ATI Radeon 32 card. Basicly the "Media Center" apps from the two cards would not get along, you had to use one or the other. ATI posted a well-buried tech bulitin about this on their site, and said they were working on a fix. I'm thinking, yeah sure they are, spending time updating drivers for an old card, not likely. So two weeks ago I go out and buy a Radeon All-In-Wonder card to replace the pair, problem fixed. So I check their site for new Radeon drivers, and what do I find? Of course, an updated Media Center download that fixes my original problem. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

Back