Question about external hard drive use?

Wardove04

I currently use the same hard drive to store my sample library (Komplete 7) as I do to record my audio data. For example: when I have a session open (Pro Tools 8 LE) I use some of these samples such as (Guitar Rig ect...) for effects. The computer is pulling these samples off the Hard Drive but also writing the music I'm recording to the same exact hard drive. My question is: is this bogging down my CPU or creating an issue when writing the Data. My CPU sometimes gets overloaded with large sessions. If so would having my samples on one drive and writing to separate drive improve the performance of my computer? Any tips would be much appreciated. :confused:

Hello :)

i think the cpu will have the same load even if you write to another hard drive,

but writing to another hard drive can save you hard drive itself from heavy load problems ,

its not recommended to read and write from the hard drive for long sessions as recording,

cheers

if it is usb drive then there is some cpu overhead.

you can reduce your effects cpu useage by freezing tracks you're not currently working on.

Back