Question about Audiophile 2496 output (plus mobo question)

Simmo

Hi,

I'm a guitarist and I'm just about to get in to the home recording thing. I was thinking of getting a V-amp2 and an Audiophile 2496 (looks like a great card for a beginner like myself).

I probably can't afford a decent set of monitors....so I was thinking of using a good set of headphones until I can spare the cash for some monitors. Will I be able to plug headphones directly into the Audiophile, or will I need a pre amp for them? The PC is going to be set up in the corner of my bedroom, so if I do get monitors, how will the sound that's reflected off the adjacent wall affect what I'm supposed to be hearing?

Speaking of the PC, I'l probably go for an AMD 2000XP+, but I have no idea which motherboard would be suitable. There seem to be dozens to choose from, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simmo.

the audiophile is a great card, but if you are recording guitars, check out the line6 guitar port...it is 24 bit capable and can do double duty as a 'sound card'. since it is USB, it is portable bewteen pcs.

You will need to connect the card's output to some kind of amplifier such as a home stereo receiver to hear any output. Then plug phones into the receiver and you're good to go.

Back