Question..

XploZiveToyz

All American Un-American
This is probably the wrong forum for this question, but we have a lot of intelligent, computer literate people here, some who I even like! LOL! So I thought I'd ask my question here instead of going elsewhere. For a week or so now two of the computer keys on my my computer keyboard have became reversed, if that's even the word that actually describes my problem. What has happened is that the 2 key and the ' key have become reversed. Actually the 2 and the ' are both still in the same place, but when I push Shift and hit 2 instead of getting the @ symbol, I get the " symbol. And when I push Shift and hit the " key, instead of getting the " symbol, I get the @ symbol. What gives? And how do I fix it? I thought that perhaps I'd accidentally hit a hot key or something on my wireless keyboard, but I went and got the old keyboard that plugs in, and switched them. It didn't work. It's still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can fix this irritating problem? And although this is kind of humorous, this inst a joke. This is really happening and I'd like to fix it. Any hep you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the prompt reply Miro! However I don't have a clue as to where to look for the language configuration so that I can check it. I assume it's English. Can you point me in the right direction?.

If it's windows 7 go to Control Panel, click Region and Language then click on Change Keyboard or other inputs. Then make sure your keyboard us set to US under change keyboards

To add to that there are different English keyboards. USA has one layout, England has another. Not sure if this is your problem but it's a good first step.

Problem solved! Thank you gentleman for your help. I appreciate it. The Windows 8 that I purchased was set up for UK English. I had to download a US English packet and install it. Wish everything were that easy!

Back