Quality reverbs and delays - recommendations wanted!

If you are already a Waves subscriber...you get the offer in an email.

I just downloaded my free TrueVerb...but I have a Waves account.

Here's the direct link....you have to enter you email address. Now, if you don't have a Waves account, you may need to do that too in order to get it.

Free Plugin | Black Friday 2015 | Waves

I didn't have a Waves account but my name must have been on a mailing list because I got the offer email.

I downloaded the free Trueverb last night and have to say that, while some of the presets will make good "special effects" verbs I'm not so sure that I'd use any on straight vocals or instruments. However, I have yet to play with creating my own reverbs and the controls offer pretty good flexibility. I do think the overall sound is pretty "clean" and lacking the metallic quality some reverbs suffer from. Anyhow, for the price, no complaints!

Mmm...OK about the email part...but didn't you still need to use the Waves account process in order to activate/install...?

All my Waves plugs are activated via Waves account...then the install is done using their Waves License Center.

Yeah...I had to set up a (free) Waves account to authorise and install the Trueverb from a link they sent me. But, in my case at least, the offer came before the account if you see what I mean.

Indeed, I think the freebie is a way to get people to set up the account--once you have one you're probably more likely to spend money in future.

Indeed, I think the freebie is a way to get people to set up the account--once you have one you're probably more likely to spend money in future.

Yup...that's how I started with Waves....now I have a pile of their plugs. :D

Waves are giving away Trueverb for Black Friday and although I have filled in the bloody form and jumped thru their hoops and got a serial number I still do not get a download.

I go through the process and they say "A download email will be with you in less than an hour" Nothing since 7pm last night!

Dave.

If you got the serial number, go to their site and download "Waves Central". Run it and select Easy Install and Activate. This'll let you enter your serial number and do your True Verb download.

Must admit it took some messing around for me to figure this out...not exactly well explained in the email.

If you got the serial number, go to their site and download "Waves Central". Run it and select Easy Install and Activate. This'll let you enter your serial number and do your True Verb download.

Must admit it took some messing around for me to figure this out...not exactly well explained in the email.

Ok B but, they DID say an email would be sent "within the hour"? I have sent a querie to Support and will await a response before I cluck about anymore!

I have also just have another promo email that I could reply to and have asked where my freebie is!

Now, can you perhaps tell me, if I ever get the plugin and activate it on my top PC can I put it on other machines as well?

Dave.

Ha! EVEN THO! There is a reply "button" available I have just had this...

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

no-reply@waves.com (no-reply@waves.com)
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.
For more information about this issue see DSN code 5.7.1 in Exchange Online.

I HATE no reply emails! Just cannot see the bloody point Poncey People.

Dave.

The only email I got was the one with the serial number. There's a well hidden link in that but you have to set up an account and then download Waves Central before you get anywhere.

The only email I got was the one with the serial number. There's a well hidden link in that but you have to set up an account and then download Waves Central before you get anywhere.

Right. Couldn't just tell me that could they?!

Dave.

We have talked before about the H-verb. I find it worth every penny.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the H-Reverb. I was waiting to see if there was going to be any crazy Cyber Monday price drop...but nothing else other than the Black Friday pricing, which was ending today.

$128 ...not bad.

The reverb that always seems to get the most praise in my eyes is softube's TSAR-1 (originally $269, but for cyber monday/black friday it's $135). There's also a much easier-to-use (also more limited) but still great-sounding version called the TSAR-1R, which is usually $99 but now available for $32 or $29 (if you go through an authorized US dealer instead of softube). From the demos and reviews that I've read, I honestly wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on the TSAR-1R at the very least.

Personally, I've liked the control of the Waves Renaissance reverb, which I got for less than 30 bucks last year during a black friday sale. It's got an ugly GUI, but it gives you tons of control to create whatever reverb sound you need. I also took advantage of Waves' free giveaway of the Trueverb. It's no longer free (I think it only was on Friday) and usually costs 99 bucks , but currently it's on sale for 59.

In any case, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm not as experienced as most of the regulars on HR, but I am someone who does TONS of research before investing in anything. And it seems that people love the trueverb, even for the regular price.

I've also heard great things about the h-reverb, but have never used it.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose. I wouldn't think twice about any of the reverbs I've mentioned, but do some of your own research (if you haven't already) on each of them before deciding which to buy.

Back