Quality reverbs and delays - recommendations wanted!

paw1

I've used the reverbs and delays that come with Cubase 7 quite a lot. They are nice but some times you need something a little bit different. Because of this I want to get a couple of new reverb and delay plugins. They will mostly be used on guitars (mostly electric), vocals, and snare.

Would you be kind enough to recommend me some good ones? Maybe you can even tell me what you use the particular reveb/delay on (source)?

I haven't used them personally, but I always hear how good Waves verbs are. There's a thread somewhere about a sale for them up until Nov. 30 as well. Check it out

I mostly use the old 'Sonitus delay -plain jane pair' with a set of decent basic tools on it that covers alot. (but that's 'Cake from a long time ago so..)
Otherwise, the Lex Native FX. Paired down / saved a few from the 'six voice multi-modulated' filtered' pannable' blah blah factory presets to a pair or two 'voices with about 3/4 of that sfuff eliminated. Got some nice effective presets to build from.

+1 for some of the Waves stuff.

However, a plug in I keep coming back to for reverb (even though it's free!) is DaSample Glaceverb. I've been using it for years and it just keeps sounding good on a wide variety of material.

Checked out a video of H-reverb yesterday, sounds awesome! Also nice to know there are good free reverbs out there.

H-Reverb is my latest favorite. Waves plug. $149 I think. Maybe cheaper in two days...

It can be had for as little as $127 from Audio Deluxe, right now...good until the end of the month.
I'm skeptical that it will be any cheaper than that even once Black Friday hits...but since the $127 is good until the 30th, might as well see what happens during the weekend and Cyber Monday. :)

It can be had for as little as $127 from Audio Deluxe, right now...good until the end of the month.
I'm skeptical that it will be any cheaper than that even once Black Friday hits...but since the $127 is good until the 30th, might as well see what happens during the weekend and Cyber Monday. :)

We have talked before about the H-verb. I find it worth every penny. I don't recommend many plugs. Usually the basic stuff included with most DAW's is adequate. This one makes me very happy.

Though I am one who likes options. This may not be the best for a user that just wants a simple verb. Though I have sampled the presets and they definitely give example of what the verb is capable of.

Check out Valhalla Room. I LOVE it and it's only $50. They just came up with a Plate verb which is really lush. Download the free trial versions and see if you like them.

Paw1, in case you don't look around the HR board, waves has their TrueVerb for free today. Worth checking out at that price point.

Another verb that might get overlooked but is extremely functional is Aether by C2 audio. The GUI is loaded but it's not that hard to handle when you tinker with it a little bit. IMO, one of the contenders when it comes to reverb plugs.

Another verb that might get overlooked but is extremely functional is Aether by C2 audio. The GUI is loaded but it's not that hard to handle when you tinker with it a little bit. IMO, one of the contenders when it comes to reverb plugs.

One of TheGreatist, most in depth give-you-all-the rope-you'd-ever need to hang yourself and get lost in TheMost unlimited range of control options.. on the planet. :thumbs up: :drunk:

Paw1, in case you don't look around the HR board, waves has their TrueVerb for free today. Worth checking out at that price point.

I actually check it out. It says $99 in the link :(

If you are already a Waves subscriber...you get the offer in an email.

I just downloaded my free TrueVerb...but I have a Waves account.

Here's the direct link....you have to enter you email address. Now, if you don't have a Waves account, you may need to do that too in order to get it.

Free Plugin | Black Friday 2015 | Waves

Back