Problems with fast track ultra can anyone help ??

jpb123

Hi ,

I have a fast track ultra on my core i3 ( Win 7 SP1 ) laptop and mainly use it for midi however , I am doing some vocal recording at the moment and whenever I stop or rewind Cubase it goes straight to a blue screen.

I have tried to contact avid support which has been about as pleasant as major dental work !!!

Has anyone had similar problems or can anyone offer any advice ??

I run Cubase 5 and a couple of waves plug-ins and haven't installed anything new for ages !!

It's a good interface when it works but , in the new year I'm going to get a new one from a company with great customer support ( If any exist these days )

Any guiding light would be very much appreciated

John

I have one on a supporting PC, and ran into problems enough that I placed a shortcut to the driver installation program directly on the desktop.

When the PC would lock up or stop outputting audio, CLICK, uninstall the driver, CLICK, reinstall the driver, and eventually, one of the installs 'took' and I haven't had any problems since.

Not exactly a solution, but it worked.

Thanks,

I'm getting fed up with this !!! I have a delta 66 on my big pc and it has never ever crashed in 10 years and I've never bothered to update the drivers USB is a pain in the backside sometimes !!

Blue screen often indicates faulty hardware, although it can occur due to incorrect or non present drivers.

First thing to do would be to ascertain which one of these applies.

Blue screen is a page fault. You only have so much RAM. When more is needed, old data is written to a swapfile on the hard drive. This process is known as 'paging'. When there are errors in this process, like trying to write to an address already occupied, a blue screen can result.

When it does, you get an error message and a core dump. The error message indicates which module caused the page fault. Make a note of the error message and search the meat of it online for possible fixes.

You can also approach M-Audio and or Cubase support for help, and they may walk you thru sending them the coredump for analysis.

Back