Problems daisy chaining two Firepods on Win7

acoustiks

What's up guys. I have a problem which I've been researching and cannot find anyone with the same thing. however I have tried countless measures and remedies that are similar to what other people have ran into and still no luck.
I have 2 firepods here flashed with the latest firmware and both work fine...solo.
I'm running Win7 64 bit 8 gb ram quad core (model hp p7-1254) using the legacy driver and all that as well. FP10 control panal will recognize both firepods separately but when i daisy chain them they show up in fp10 control panel for a quick second then disappear and the lights both turn red. They work fine on my old win xp computer daisy chained, so there isn't a communication problem with them or anything. I think it's something with win7 and I was just wondering if anyone ran into this problem and found a fix?
cables are good, the firewire card has two slots, I've tried both to no avail. perhaps it is the card it's self? but if so how come I can run them solo..hmpf.

i bought them used from a studio and the guy used windows 7 as well, with Sonar like I do, but Sonar aside since I can't even get them to sync correctly, i don't know what i'm doing wrong here. I've tried everything lol. my hair is falling out and i'm growing a beard.

any ideas?

If you have downloaded the latest drivers for Win7, the next thing I would do is to see if you have drivers for your Firewire card. See if they are updated. Since I am guessing, I would think it is something to do with the Firewire interface.

A lot of people who have used Firewire on a PC have stated that the Texas Instrument chip set is the card that works the best. Check your Firewire card. Bet that is where the problem could be.

cool, I'll take a look which one i have after work tomorrow. I bet it's some no name brand or something i'm guessing that's it. Do you know any pci express TI cards that is best suited for firepods under win7? just so i don't snag a random TI card that still doesn't cream the cake, haha.

cool, I'll take a look which one i have after work tomorrow. I bet it's some no name brand or something i'm guessing that's it. Do you know any pci express TI cards that is best suited for firepods under win7? just so i don't snag a random TI card that still doesn't cream the cake, haha.

Did a quick Google search, not sure where you are located, but here was a quick find: Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card, TI Chipset, Extra Regular Bracket SD-PEX30009

You may want to look around, but if you can't resolve the problem, this may solve it.

If you go to the PreSonus website, there is a page there that gives details of compatible firewire chipsets. My PC and Laptop have Via chipsets, which work fine. However, I'm still on XP.

Awesome. I will order that card perhaps this Friday and let you know if it fixes it. Gecko, i thought I came across that page but dismissed it thinking I could find a fix, then realized personus' website has a lot of "missing" data haha I kind f forgot about it after that.

Last edited:
any luck?

Awesome. I will order that card perhaps this Friday and let you know if it fixes it.

I'm having exactly the problem you describe -- two Firepods, Win 7, legacy drivers, everything seems to work and both FPs show up in the control panel for a moment, then disappear and the lights go red. Were you ever able to find a solution?

Back