Problem with the studio equipment setup.

xxyzz

Hi everybody!

The situation is this- a couple of friends and I have decided to start recording, but we hit a bump with our equipment setup.What we have:
-mic- Behringer B-5 condernser mic
-interface- Behringer Xenyx 502
-external sound card- U Control UCA 200
-audio program- Pro Tools 10.3.1/ FL studio

I work on a PC, so I installed ASIO4ALL v2 drivers. Whenever I start pro tools, or fl studio the sound stops working. Even if I open some random audio file on my PC, or a video file, or I just go on the net to watch something, there is no sound. Also the audio programs do not recognize my mic. Even if I speak to my desktop mic there is no reaction. I think the asio drivers are doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. I deleted them, but then pro tools tells me that there is hardware missing and doesn't want to start. Also when I run pro tools and I go to system setup options, I can see that asio4all is selected and I can't change anything. The guy on the tutorials has his interface ( 003 ) selected, but I can't select anything that would be my interface or my external sound card. It's just the asio4all. When I create a new track and I want to configure the I/O settings- the only input settings that are available are the Realtek HD audio CD 1/ CD 2. I started wondering if my interface ( xenyx 502 ) does work with condenser mics, so I unplugged everything and tried to talk into my desktop mic, but there is no change. I know I am not setting up my gear right, so can you guys help with this. I would really appreciate it :) !

Thank you all in advance !

I think you need to do some reading. First you say the Xenyx is your 'interface' - is this the 502USB? You also tlist the 'external sound card UCA200' - this is an interface, too. Assuming you are using Windows, you can only have 1 USB interface and when selecting this, you disable your computer's internal interface - your other computer stuff- playing videos, audio tracks is looking for your internal card, you need to select the USB device in Windows system setup.

Are you selecting the Xenyx or USA200 in ProTools or FL? You do not select the device in Windows, but in the DAW.

Hey there,
There's a Xenyx 502 USB which is an all in one audio interface.
There's also a straight Xenyx 502 which is just a small format mixer with no digital audio interface part.

The USB version has phantom power, the older straight version does not. The newer one might have.

Which version do you have and how old is it?

Regardless, the UCA200 should be recognised by your recording software.
Perhaps you need drivers for it?

Well my xenyx 502 is not the USB one. It connects with the UCA 200 with jacks and then I can connect this to my PC with USB. My PC recognizes this device and I can select it and make it my default recording and playback device. When I connect the headphones I can hear the sound, but when I speak into the mic there is no response. You said that for the other stuff my computer is looking for the internal sound card. When I start Fl studio or pro tools a small box pops up on the bottom right saying that the ASIO4ALL has started and gives me details about frequency and sample rate. I think that the ASIO4ALL mixes up my sound, but I can't figure out how. In the program when I choose system setup- ASIO4ALL is automatically selected and I can't select anything else.

I'm having that same problem I have an Xenyx 502 mixer connect to my Uca202 u-control .. I can hear myself on the mic but I can't see anything on FL STUDIO when I'm recording .. I can't hear the beat but I can hear myself through the mic .. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I'm having that same problem I have an Xenyx 502 mixer connect to my Uca202 u-control .. I can hear myself on the mic but I can't see anything on FL STUDIO when I'm recording .. I can't hear the beat but I can hear myself through the mic .. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

You must be Google searching for answers. If reading this 2+ year old thread has not found you an answer, then I suggest your posting of a new one with your system/setup details. :)

Back