Problem recording with Saffire 24 interface and Belari mic pre amp

EMCEE EXORCIST

Problem recording with Saffire 24 interface and Belari mic pre amp. The problem is i want the my Mic about 10 inchs away from my mouth while i monitor through my headphones but i have to turn the mic gain up considerable in order to hear well through headphones, but if i turn up mic gain up the preamp noise increases too much. Is there away i can turn down my mic gain and turn up volume in headphones? you must know the volume on saffire head phone level is at its highest.

First, check that you do not have pad engaged on the preamp or on the Saffire 24.

It that is not the problem, then you could using try a headphone amplifier.

The main priority is to get the correct level in your DAW.

Paul

Thank you Paul , yes i check that, belari has a plus 30db pad that boost , but it boost the noise also, i will check head phone amp.
EE

Just be aware that a pad will attenuate (that is, reduce) the incoming signal. So the +30dB is likely to be a boost.

However, 10 inches is not a big distance for a microphone, so could you answer these questions...

What is the model of the preamp?
What microphone are you using?
What settings (hardware or software) are you using with the Saffire?

There might just be a simple setting to change, which could save you the need to spend more money.

Paul

Back