Problem recording with my recent purchase mixer QX1002USB

Raph_LYC

Hey guys, I recently bought a behringer QX1002 USB Mixer and I got some issues with it, when I plug it in to my pc and went to recording device and at the advanced tab to change the sample rate to 2channel 16 bit 48000 Hz (DVD quality ) and when i record with my at2020 microphone i can hear really loud noise coming its not from my background but its like a jet engine noise or static noise like wee wee sound.
And what do i have to do to get the most out of it i know iam only using a at2020 which is pretty cheap but i want better quialty and someone teach me how to set it up please? please help

Yikes! The same post in 4 different forums? This could be a record!

Anyhow, you're going to need to do some detective work here.

First off, check the gain staging on your mixer. Set the gain trim (the knob nearest the mic input) to about halfway up and put the main channel gain and the main output to about halfway as well. Turn the Comp and FX knobs on your mic channel down to zero and (important) make sure the USB/2 TRK Return to Main Mix button is not pushed, otherwise you'll have a feedback loop. Does that help? If not...

Disconnect the mic from the mixer but leave the rest of the settings the same. Is the noise still there?

If the noise disappears with the mic, can you beg/borrow/steal a different mic and different mic cable and swap them one at a time to see if any one of them is causing the noise.

By doing the above you should at least be able to isolate where in the system the noise is coming from.

Afraid I get file not found on that Youtube link.

Anyhow, afraid we've ruled out the easy stuff then. It's possible there's noise on your mixer and (if under warranty) it should be replaced. However, it also happens that some computers have serious noise when their USB inputs are used for audio data. If the latter, it can be a super pain to diagnose and even worse to fix.

Some things to try--first, use a different USB port, second (if you can borrow one) try using a powered USB hub rather than going direct.

Updating/reinstalling the drivers for your mixer would be in the can't hurt/might help category too.

Anyhow, if you can sort out that Youtube link I'll try to have a listen.

See my post over in the newbies section - it is most likely the USB converter in the mixer making the noise.

IO thought you dont have to install driver for the QX1002 mixer, now i installed the ASIO4ALL and Berhinger driver seems fix the issue.

ahhh! i think it still got some issue with the mixer, when i unplug my mic i can still hear noise coming fromg the background, but its not as loud as b4

That sounds normal. Should be hiss/white noise, and it should be reduced if you turn the gain down.

You can't really judge gear on what it does without a load. If it works with the mic plugged in you're probably fine. :)

ahhh! i think it still got some issue with the mixer, when i unplug my mic i can still hear noise coming fromg the background, but its not as loud as b4

That's what you'll get, for sure, from a USB mixer, but could also be from your monitors (unplug the input to them, do you still hear it?)

Back