Problem with RealTek Audio Manager

reddclay

Yesterday, I was playing with the different settings on the RealTek Audio manager in the digitial output including the karoke function to slow down a track and different Eq's. I woke up this morning to edit some recordings on reaper and there was no sound. I saw the real tech audio manager icon on the lower right hand side of my task bar was missing.

When I open the volume mixer in the lower right hand corner and look at the playback devices, it says realtek digital output is working but the lights are not lid showing volume. Only the speakers are working.

I was able to open the real tek audio manager but was able to open it through my control panel. I finally got sound but only from Itunes, not reaper, but none of the settings in digital output such as karoke, the various eq's work. The volume mixer doesn't work on the task bard. And it seems stuck in a slower rate that I played with yesterday.

What changes could have occurred that it disspeared from task manager and is stuck in old settings and nothing I do changes those settings.

Realtek Audio driver version 6.01.5494
Direcdt X Version 10.0
Audio controller H Audio
Audio Code ALC268

Windows HOme Vista
64 bit Operating system

Thanks
David

What kind of speakers are you using?

Digital output probably isn't the output you want to use, unless you've speakers with a digital in or something.

I'm not 100% sure about reaper, but most DAWs don't rely on windows system audio settings. You have to go into a menu in the daw and select your audio ins and outs, independent of what the computer uses for itunes etc.

Open itunes, hit play, then bring up the realtek manager. Flick through all the different outputs to find out for sure what you should be using,

Then go into repear settings and select that same device as your main output.

I'm using headphones or just the computer speakers.

I didn't change REapers settings. It is still set up that I can listen to it through my comptuer speakers or headphones.

Right now the Digital audio output is not selected but it must be using it as everything coming out of the headphones is now coming out at a slower rate as if karoke was checked, which it is not.

Everything coming out of the speakers is at a lower rate including Itunes, youtube, reaper, computer wav sounds etc ... The same as if Karoke setting were being in the Real tek digital audio options menu. Although it's turned off and only have speakers on.

If I switch to digital audio options, no sound comes out, despite the board lights indicate that their should be sound and I cannot adjust the karoke option.

All systems worked yesterday whether or not I used speakers or real tek digital audio. I'd like to return to that state of affairs.

Right now the Digital audio output is not selected but it must be using it as everything coming out of the headphones is now coming out at a slower rate as if karoke was checked, which it is not.

Why must it be using digital output?This doesn't make sense to me.

Digital output is a physical port; A digital connector on the back of the computer.

If nothing is connected to it, then it should not be selected.

it doesn't make sense to me either!! That's why I'm asking the question. I'm serious my reaper (as well as everything else) is playing at a slower rate, at least two semitones lower, and nothing on the real tek indicates it should be that way. I have turned off the digital audio option in both audio manager and control panel. Again, both were working even if using the digital audio option is inappropriate, not necessary, it still worked.

And if you think that doesn't make sense, my volume mixer now has two non-playback devices as icons including the internet explorer and a quick launch button.

If it's playing at a slower rate, that sounds like a sample rate mismatch. Like everything is playing at 44.1 and your device is set to 44.8 or something like that.

Do you see sample rate options anywhere?

If it's playing at a slower rate, that sounds like a sample rate mismatch. Like everything is playing at 44.1 and your device is set to 44.8 or something like that.

Do you see sample rate options anywhere?

I am able to change rate in the control panel under hardware/sound/manage sound devices.

Under manage sound devices, speakers is checked.

Under speakers is Realtek digital output, Not checked.

Under speakers there is no place to change the rate.

If I set realtek digital output as the default, I then can go in and change the rate. I played with it and changed to different rates but it doesn't make any changes. If I put realtek digital output as the default, I don't get any sound. And there is a button that says configure that I am unable to press. I am able to press it under speakers.

It also says that both speakers and digital output are working.

When I set digital audio output as the default, I see the panel lights going up and down but I do not hear sound. (can you tell me the technical name for the signal light?)

If I recheck speakers, I get sound but the same issue of a slow rate.

Forget the digital output. Seriously. If nothings plugged in to the digital out then you don't need to test it or worry about it.

I think your realtek mananger software should open at boot and AFAIK you would use it to control your settings rather than the windows control panel.

See if you can find the realtek software and open it.
There should be an option somewhere like "open automatically at startup" or "allow realtek software to manage audio" or something like that.

Under preferenes for speakers in the control panel there are equalization options. One of them is pitch shift. I unchecked it and it seems to be playing at regular speed.
I'll have to test it later with and take out my tuner and instrument and play along to double check.

I should be able to use the digital output and get sound. I like too. I did yesterday. Using the karaoke function as a tuning tool. Obviously, I can slow it down in Reaper but the little thing comes in handy.

Obviously the most important thing is I can hear my recording at it's correct speed. Any help with putting the finishing touches on this issue would be much appreciated

Is it my computer or does this site log you out only after a few minutes of being idle.

For our purposes here, I'll forget about the digital output.

What is AFAIK?

You want me to go look for the execute function on my hard drive?

I don't understand what you are asking me to do

AFAIK is as far as i know.

Yes, look for the program 'realtek audio manager'
You said in your first post it's in control panel?

It should be running all the time.

Back