problem with presonus firepod

stevethecarr

When I record or try to playback a track the sound will cut out for a second and the blue light will turn red, and then turn back blue. In my computer I have the ati radeon mobility 9000 and it says that this 3d card may cause pops or clicks but nothing about the sound dropping out, so is something wrong. Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong. I have tried re-installing the software and did everything properly, I'm running it at 3ms latency and I tried changing the latency but nothing happened.

What OS are you using? If you're using Windows XP with service pack 2, you may be experiencing a sync/speed problem and Microsoft has a fix.

Also, what software are you using for recording? Are you playing basic tracks or do you have multiple plugins as well? You can also adjust a CPU setting in the Firepod software - maybe try using "low" if you have a slower CPU and are running many tracks with plugins.

Sounds to me that you might be loosing sync though, which would have me checking for hotfixes if you are using XP with SP2.

Back