problem with my voice :)

odedc

hope it's for this forum.

when i record myself on the pc with instrumental song,
(and headphones)
i can't able to reach to my regular voice.
it's hard for me to sing like i sing without the headphones
i also try to lower the song so i can hear myself louder
but it's not really helping.

do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

Yehp, this was just discussed in the "mixing price" thread as it happens.

A lot of people slip off one side of the headphones so the mix can be heard in one ear, but your real voice can be heard in the room in the other.

Makes a huge difference for most people.

ye i know i tried it before.
i'll try it again.
thank u.
(which pg. in the mixing thread?) link pls

do you know wich basic sound effect are using in pro recording for singers and more
and effect that are in adobe audition
and other softwares like this.

do you know wich basic sound effect are using in pro recording for singers and more

Your question is like asking what techniques and technologies racing car drivers use to go faster. The question covers so much it's impossible to answer in a sentence or two.

More importantly, any answer is going to be irrelevant until you sort out your singing with headphones problem. When you do sort this out, you will find that you will be a lot happier with your recording efforts.

There is no easy answer to that problem either. There is a big difference between belting out a song in front of an audience with a big band behind you and sitting in your bedroom studio with headphones on. Likewise, there's a big difference between singing a song to your speakers pumping it out and trying it with headphones.

Being able to create that 'live' feel with headphones needs two things. Firstly, you need to work out the best balance between your voice and the material you're listening to as you sing along, and the best overall level. Secondly, you have to be able to shed the inhibitions that using headphones often drags up, and put yourself in a frame of mind that recreates the concert hall (or whatever).

Your question is like asking what techniques and technologies racing car drivers use to go faster. The question covers so much it's impossible to answer in a sentence or two.

More importantly, any answer is going to be irrelevant until you sort out your singing with headphones problem. When you do sort this out, you will find that you will be a lot happier with your recording efforts.

There is no easy answer to that problem either. There is a big difference between belting out a song in front of an audience with a big band behind you and sitting in your bedroom studio with headphones on. Likewise, there's a big difference between singing a song to your speakers pumping it out and trying it with headphones.

Being able to create that 'live' feel with headphones needs two things. Firstly, you need to work out the best balance between your voice and the material you're listening to as you sing along, and the best overall level. Secondly, you have to be able to shed the inhibitions that using headphones often drags up, and put yourself in a frame of mind that recreates the concert hall (or whatever).

hope it's for this forum.

when i record myself on the pc with instrumental song,
(and headphones)
i can't able to reach to my regular voice.
it's hard for me to sing like i sing without the headphones
i also try to lower the song so i can hear myself louder
but it's not really helping.

do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

This is quite common in the studio when singers come in for the first time. They are often used to singing in a band situation and screaming out the vocal that they can't hear anyway coz the band is too loud. Then they get into the studio and suddenly they can hear everything. What happens next is that they find that they are not as good a singer as they thought and that their technique is not right due to screaming their head off with the band.

With a little work it can be sorted out. Adjust the headphone level so that the vibe of the music is right, for example loud enough but no blowing your head off. Bring the vocal volume up so that you can hear your self pitching the vocal but not too loud that the music/vibe is lost. As suggested before, try with one phone off, I use this a lot with singers, brass players, string players to help them pitch. Finally you need to practice singing like this, get used to your voice, remember what you hear when you talk is totally different to what other people hear you sound, but after a while you get used to hearing your own voice coming back too you in the phones. This will make you a better singer.

Alan

thank u so much for your comments.

i don't have a band or something like that
when i mentioned the affects i ment
studio sound affect that artist like beyonce/lady gag/bruno mars/maroon 5/britney spears use for their voice. (accept auto tune)
i want my voice will be like in a pro studio. so the song won't be like in live version/karaoke.
(like chorus/echo and more??)

Back