Problem monitoring SPDIF out - Cubase / DiO 2448

Brad

Yeah, I am cross posting, so sue me.

Nobody offered any help in the Cubase forum, so now I come to you with open arms, hoping you'll see what your love means to me...

Okay, have a DiO 2448 soundcard. I can monitor the SPDIF out (I run this out to my mixer) with no problems in all Sonic Foundry programs. But I am receiving no love from Cubase. I have checked my settings with the card - all seems kosher. After all, it is working great with SF programs. But Cubase is not playing the audio out of the SPDIF, it is only sending signal to the analog outs of the card. I am sure I have to do something in Cubase to get this to work, but I don't know what. Previously, I had the steinberg project card installed, and it worked fine with the SPDIF out. Now that I have changed cards, no audio in Cubase, and no windows sounds (that is no big deal, I just thought I would mention it because I was getting windows sounds thru the SPDIF out of the project card) So what did I screw up when I changed the card? Is this an ASIO thing, or an MME thing? Any ideas?

Brad

Back